Saturday, September 3, 2011

A Night in the Life-A Birthday Celebration

Hello to all my Alabama friends,

I am winding down my visit here in Ohio. The Buckeyes played their first game today. I got to see the Goodyear blimp flying overhead. And yes, the Buckeyes won!

I went with Dodie to her friend Anita's birthday party. It was a special party for Anita; she is really old. But when I talked to her, she didn't seem old at all!  This is me and Anita.


Anita is CRAZY about the Beatles.This is a link from a newscast celebrating the 30 year anniversary of when the Beatles came to the United States.


Dodie says she remembers her Dad telling her and her brothers and sisters to be quiet and watch the Ed Sullivan Show-this will be "history in the making."  She still doesn't know how her Dad knew. Dodie can't figure out why Justin Bieber's haircut is such a big deal. The Beatles had that same cut almost 50 years ago!! People talked about those "long-haired" boys from London.

Here is me with a Beatles poster. Shea Stadium is in New York. The Beatles played in that Stadium.


Here is me with some of Anita's friends. Anita is holding me.


Here I am in front of a Beatles poster.


This is me with a Paul McCartney poster. You can barely see me, and if you use your imagination, you can see Paul.  It looks psychedelic (ask your parents about that.)


 This scene is from the album, Abbey Road. It looks like I am the fifth Beatle. That is Anita's cake.


And finally, here is me and Kelly. Kelly laughs when she talks about me.


I had a nice time at Anita's party. Can you believe she came all the way from Chicago? She wanted to make sure all her family and friends could celebrate with her. Family and friends are important to her. I'm glad I met Anita.

Your friend in Ohio,
Flat Stanley



No comments:

Post a Comment