Saturday, August 27, 2011

Where in the World is Ohio?

Hello to my Alabama friends,

I was thinking I should show you where Ohio is on a map. The first map shows the state of Ohio. It is surrounded by Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky West Virginia and Pennsylvania. That big lake is Lake Erie. Phoebe's dad used to go to Lake Erie to visit his grandparents. They lived on the lake. Dodie said it was fun to go fishing on this lake. There is a rocky beach there. At one time, the lake was polluted and you couldn't swim. Now the lake is a good place to go and have fun.  It is too far away, so we won't be going there.

At the Lake is an island called Kelley's Island.  There was a big ice glacier over that area thousands of years ago.There are grooves in the limestone on the island called Glacier Grooves. They are the largest glacial grooves that people can see. Dodie has climbed on them before.


Columbus is in Central Ohio. You can see it in the middle of the red circle.  The red circle is the freeway called 270.  It goes all around the city.  I am staying in Upper Arlington and I can walk through a field and get to Ohio State University.  I think we will be going there today.

There are also two rivers in Columbus. One is called the Scioto and the other is the Olentangy. No beaches are around here. If I want to go swimming, I have to go to the local pool. The rivers don't look like it would be good swimming water. The water is kind of yucky.  I'll send pictures of me soon.

Flat Stanley

No comments:

Post a Comment